Monday, March 30, 2015

God Thinking LXXXVII - Face To Face 6

"I have decided to live by faith and by doing so I have opened the door to my heart to the leading of the Holy Spirit and I have closed the door of my heart to sinful inclinations.

And I have decided to open the door of my mind to that which is from God and to close the door of my mind to that which is of the world.  I cannot of my own accomplish anything spiritual, but with God I not only can, but am able to do above and beyond what I thought I could. 

Under the guidance of the Holy Spirit I can set a precedence in my household and at my workplace and at Church, that honors God - not by my will - not by my power - but by His will working in me what is the good and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Romans 12:1-2
1.  I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
 2.  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

God wants you to decide to live by faith - and by doing so you open the door of your heart to the leading of the Holy Spirit and close the door of your heart to sinful inclinations.

You open your mind to the things of God and to close your mind to that which is of the world.

You open your spiritual eyes to see God’s way more clearly and to close your spiritual eyes to anything that disarms your sense of purity and righteousness."

Excerpt from God thinking LXXXVII - Face To Face by Keith C. Powell                                                   Copyright 2015



No comments:

Post a Comment