Tuesday, October 20, 2015

God Thinking XIV - That Next Place 9

"I want you to get a feel for the language that gets men and women in this place behind the veil.  I know this is a lot of scripture at one time, but it is worth the read.

1 Kings 8:22-60 And Solomon stood before the altar of the LORD in the presence of all the congregation of Israel, and spread forth his hands toward heaven:
V23 and he said, LORD God of Israel, there is no God like thee, in heaven above, or on earth beneath, who keepest covenant and mercy with thy servants that walk before thee with all their heart:
V30 And hearken thou to the supplication of thy servant, and of thy people Israel, when they shall pray toward this place: and hear thou in heaven thy dwelling place: and when thou hearest, forgive.
V37 If there be in the land famine, if there be pestilence, blasting, mildew, locust, or if there be caterpillar; if their enemy besiege them in the land of their cities; whatsoever plague, what soever sickness there be;
V38 What prayer and supplication soever be made by any man, or by all thy people Israel, which shall know every man the plague of his heart, and spread forth his hands toward this house:
V39 Then hear from heaven thy dwelling place, and forgive, and do, and give every man according to his ways, whose heart thou knowest; (for thou, even thou only, knowest the hearts of the children of men;)
V49 Then hear thou their prayer and their supplication in heaven thy dwelling place, and maintain their cause,
V50And forgive thy people that have sinned against thee, and all their transgressions wherein they have transgressed against thee, and give them compassion before them who carried them captive, that they may have compassion on them:
V51 For they be thy people, and thine inheritance, which thou broughtest forth out of Egypt, from the midst of the furnace of iron:
V52 That thine eyes may be open unto the supplication of thy servant, and unto the supplication of thy people Israel, to hearken unto them in all that they call for unto thee.
V54 And it was so, that when Solomon had made an end of praying all this prayer and supplication unto the LORD, he arose from before the altar of the LORD, from kneeling on his knees with his hands spread up to heaven.
V59 And let these my words, wherewith I have made supplication before the LORD, be nigh unto the LORD our god day and night, that he maintain the cause of his servant, and the cause of His people Israel at all times, as the matter shall require:
V60 That all the people of the earth may know that the LORD is God, and that there is none else.
  
1 Kings 9:3a
“And the LORD appeared to Solomon the second time, as He appeared unto him in Gibeon.
V3 And the LORD said unto him, I have heard thy prayer and thy supplication, that thou hast made before Me...”

Psalm 30:1-8
“I will extol thee, O LORD; for thou hast lifted me up, and hast not made my foes to rejoice over me.
V2 O LORD my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me.
V3 O LORD, thou hast brought up my soul from the grave: thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit.
V4 Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of His, and give thanks at the remembrance of His holiness.
V5 For His anger endureth but a moment; in His favour is life; weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.
V6 And in my prosperity I said, I shall never be moved.
V7 LORD, by thy favour thou hast made my mountain to stand strong; thou didst hide thy face, and I was troubled.
V8 I cried to thee, O LORD; and unto the LORD I made supplication”

Psalm 55:1-2
“Give ear to my prayer, O God; and hide not thyself from my supplication.
V2 Attend unto me, and hear me: I mourn in my complaint and make noise.”

Psalm 142:1-2
“I cried unto the LORD with my voice; with my voice unto the LORD did I make my supplication.
V2 I poured out my complaint before Him; I shewed Him my trouble.”

Daniel 6:10-11
“Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went into his house; and his windows being opened in his chamber toward Jerusalem, he kneeled upon his knees three times a day, and prayed, and gave thanks before his God, as he did aforetime.
V11 Then these men assembled, and found Daniel praying and making supplication before his God.”

Daniel 9:17-22
“Now, therefore, O our God, hear the prayer of thy servant, and his supplications, and cause thy face to shine upon thy sanctuary that is desolate, for the Lord’s sake
V18 O my God, incline thine ear, and hear; open thine eyes, and behold our desolations, and the city which is called by thy name: for we do not present our supplications before thee for our righteousnesses, but for thy great mercies.
V19 O LORD, hear; O LORD, forgive; O Lord, hearken and do; defer not, for thine own sake, On my God: for thy city and thy people are called by thy name.
V20 And whiles I was speaking, and praying, and confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my supplication before the LORD my God for the holy mountain
of my God;


V21 Yea, whiles I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, touched me about the time of the evening oblation.
V22 And he informed me, and talked with me, and said, O Daniel, I am now come forth to give thee skill and understanding.”

Acts 1:10-14
“And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
V11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven?  This same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.
V12 Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a Sabbath days journey.
V13 And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James.
V14 These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with His brethren.”

Ten days they sought the mind of God.  Ten days in prayer until they received their answers. Are you willing to go there?

Excerpt from God Thinking XIV - That Next Place by Keith C. Powell                                                      Copyright 2015 

No comments:

Post a Comment