Sunday, June 12, 2016

Inner Peace 4

"Jesus lives so that you can have peace with God.

In the midst of this season in your life, Jesus says:
“Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you.  Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”  John 14:27

Do you think that just maybe Jesus is talking to you?
  
I was talking to God early this week. 
I asked so many questions.  You know - the kind that you ask - and then before God answers your first question - your on to the next question. 

And what started out as a quiet time with God - where I was planning on climbing up to the next level as if I could touch heaven - became a whining session for me.  I was simply stuck in the muck.  I never did hear from God that day.

I wrote a sermon this week, after not hearing from God, during that time when I was stuck in the muck. It took all week, until Friday to get it done. 
It was just right for the fifteenth century England.

I’m thankful we have tomorrows - because I might still be stuck in the muck and mire - whining to God about totally insignificant issues - had God not brought me into a new day and gave me new light.

There is light that emanates from God.  God is at peace with you.  Are you at peace with God?

Of all that things that you worry about, there is one thing that you should not worry about, ever. There is the one question that you I need to ask yourself. Am I at peace with God?

Before the world’s were created and before mankind was created, God prepared a plan.  You were in it.  And you were at peace with what God planned? Are you at peace with God?"

         Excerpt from Inner Peace by Keith C. Powell Copyright 2016   

No comments:

Post a Comment