Saturday, June 7, 2014

God Thinking LII - Fruitless 8

"God wants you to know that by your fruits you are known.  Matthew 7:16, Matthew 12:33, Matthew 13:23, James 3:17.
 9.  As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
 0.  If ye keep My commandments, ye shall abide in My love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in His love.
11.  These things have I spoken unto you, that My joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.
12.  This is My commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
13.  Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
14.  Ye are My friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

I can understand the unbelieving world to have a real problem with this statement, but Christians claim to have trouble with it.  Who do we think we are, the clay saying to the potter, “Why hast thou made me thus?”  

Romans 9:20,  15.  Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.”

There is a group of people that are spiritually minded, and a group of Christians that are spiritually minded that think they need some type of extra-biblical experience to be really spiritual - and yet Jesus Himself only operated within the realm of God’s spoken Word.  And furthermore Jesus has made known to us every bit of knowledge and wisdom that was revealed to Him.  for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.”

God designed you to be a branch that bears fruit, more fruit, much fruit.  God is the husbandman, the vinedresser and Jesus is the vine.  And you have at our finger tips every Word that Jesus had.  Everything that God spoke to Jesus, Jesus spoke to you, and you need to see the Word of God for what it is.
 
Excerpt from God Thinking LII - Fruitless by Keith C. Powell Copyright 2014



No comments:

Post a Comment