Wednesday, June 4, 2014

God Thinking LII - Fruitless 6

"You will have to abide in Christ to bear fruit and it’s all about bearing fruit.     
 
Let’s read the Word again, but before I do, let me share something with you first. 
When I read the Word of God, I believe what God says.  I may not have full revelation, but I believe what I read, when I read the Word of God. 
 
Every time I read the Word, God changes me. 
  • He makes me feel good and He reveals me as I am. 
  • He reveals who I am when I am in the flesh and He reveals who I am when I trust in the blood of Christ for my propitiation. 
  • He lifts me up and God prunes me.
  • God encourages me and enlightens me and empowers me.
  • There’s times when I read the Word that I could walk on water and there’s times when God says to me, “you vain and little man”.
  • God’s Word proves me and improves me, changes me and reveals me.
  • It is by His Word that I can even know who I should be, why I should be it, when I should get on to it, where I should do it and how to do it.
  • It is the Word of God that makes me and sometimes breaks me, because I have stopped trying to get out of it what is convenient for me and I have chosen rather to make it my gospel.  
I believe it, trust it, rely on it, align myself with it, have faith in it, and there is not one word in it that I would even consider changing, because I have come to believe it is the living Word of God.
 
I know that in the pursuit of knowing God, I will be revealed. 
I have learned to accept God’s chastisement, God’s pruning, God’s purging, God’s cleansing, God’s eliminating, God’s eradicating and God’s liquidating.  

I fully accept the outcome of pursuing a deeper and holier life, knowing that in that pursuit, the pathway is not paved with gold and fleece only, but that God may allow me to go through some things that I find no particular personal inclination to, nor do I find pleasure in, nor would I choose it. 

I understand, believe and teach, that God’s grace is sufficient.
Excerpt from God Thinking LII - Fruitless - by Keith C. Powell Copyright 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment