1. We must keep God’s commandments I John 3:22
2. We must ask in faith James 1:6
3. We must believe God will answer Matthew 21:22
4. We must ask in Jesus name John 14:147.
5. We must ask according to God’s will I John 5:14
1. You must keep God’s commandments - “And whatever we ask, we receive of Him, because we keep His commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in His sight” I John 3:22.
Why do most people turn away at the word commandments?
The first thing most Christians think of is that we are no longer under the law, (the ten commandments of God mentioned in the Old Testament as well as other commandments of God to Israel). So why mention commandments?
In our discussion of keeping the commandments of Christ, we are not saying; you must keep some set of rules to be saved. The scriptures clearly teach that salvation is by faith in Christ alone and cannot be earned or achieved by good works. We are talking about prayer/communication with God.
The reason God wants you to be obedient to His commandments, is because, God uses people, to accomplish His will here on earth, and God has entrusted to the obedient, His will.
You cannot have effective communication with God if you do not know His ways and follow Him. You do this by trusting in God’s implicit authority over your life.
Why communicate with God and petition God for anything if you do not trust God to answer and supply what is best for your life?