Saturday, December 1, 2012

God Thinking VII - Does God Rely On You? 12

"John 15:16.  Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, (Before I go any further, you must condescend to understand that not one who has ever come to Christ has come on their own.  They were invited by the Father to come unto the Son.  It is pride that makes us feel like somehow we were deserving of God’s call to receive His grace. 
John 14:6, “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”

16.  Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, (Again, I want to comment on how important it is that you see and understand the Word.  God chose you and ordains you to bring forth fruit.  This verse could be read like this: “Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, (placed within you, committed to your existence, purposed in you, settled in your heart, caused you to be fully:  prepared, able, informed, supplied, inspired, motivated and ready) that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

In these verses is discourse from God to you about His purpose in bringing you into the vine in the first place.  It’s all about bearing fruit.  And you should be about bearing fruit.  
 
Does Christ bring forth the fruit?  No, that is the job of the branch and there will be no fruit borne without the branch."
 
Excerpt from God thinking VII - Does God Rely On You? by Keith C. Powell Copyright 2012  


No comments:

Post a Comment