7 You worship God.
Psalm 95:6 "O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our Maker." Psalm 96:8-9 "Give unto the LORD the glory due unto His name: bring an offering, and come into His courts. V9 O worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness: fear before Him, all the earth."
Why do so many people want a god they do not have to worship? The world says not to worship God, but God says to worship Him. It is easy to evaluate where you stand. Do you believe and do what God says or do you believe and do what the world says?
- You want the blessings from God.
- You want the gifts from God.
- You want the benefits from God.
- Religion allows salvation without worship, but God does not.
- Religion allows its parishioners to have it their own way, but God does not.
- Religion says worship as it pleases you, but God says worship as it pleases Him.
How can you tell if you are growing in grace? You worship God."
Excerpt from The Power of God Thinking by Keith C. Powell Copyright 2010