Wednesday, May 4, 2016

To God Be The Glory 6

"Let’s read the rest of John 14:verse 29
V29 “And He said, Come.  And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.”

The principle found in this verse may be the most important principle of all.  Even though Peter doubted Jesus and even though He went through fear and confusion, in the midst of the storm he stepped out of the ship and walked on water.

Peter took that extra step of faith that is so important in the crucial moments.  Peter obeyed the Master and Jesus gave Peter all the components he needed to do the impossible.

I wish this were the end of the story.  Peter walks on the water and forever all is well.

V30 “But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.”

To be honest with you, I am glad that the story didn’t end up with Peter walking on the water and everyone living happy ever after.  Because I couldn’t relate to that.  My experience would be voided.

It has been my experience that when God calls to you – come – and you do:
You have times of exhilaration and
Times of confusion
Times of success and
Times of failure
Times of strength and
Times of fear
Times when you can walk on water and
Times when you begin to sink
I’m thankful peter began to sink, because I know the feeling.

Here’s the rest of the story.
V31 “And immediately Jesus stretched forth His hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?
V32 And when they were come in to the ship, the wind ceased.
       
I believe I have clearly established that when Jesus says “come” or “give ye them to eat” or go here or go there, do this or do that, he:
Makes it possible
He gives you the provision
He protects you  
He gives you power – supernatural intervention

  Excerpt from To God Be The Glory by Keith C. Powell Copyright 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment