Sunday, February 7, 2016

Don't Wait 1

There are all kinds of messages that God gives you.
There are uplifting messages
There’s the thus sayeth the Lord messages
There’s teaching messages
And there’s timely messages
This is one of those timely messages

A while back I talked about your getting a call from God.  God calls you and God is satisfied with only one word from you; Yes.
Let's look at two words that God has for you and others concerning the answer of Yes to God, Don’t wait.

If you are serious about your relationship with God you need to get on with it. 
Luke 14:16-24
“Then said He unto him, A certain man made a great supper, and bade many:
V17 And sent His servant at supper time to say to them that were bideen, Come; for all things are now ready. 
V18 And they with one consent began to make excuse.  The first said unto Him, I have bought a piece of ground, and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused. 
V19 And another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to prove them: I pray thee have me excused. 
V20 And another said, I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come. 
V21 So that servant came, and shewed his Lord these things.  Then the Master of the house being angry said to His servant, Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring hither the poor, and the maimed, and the halt, and the blind. 
V22 And the servant said, Lord, it is done as thou hast commanded, and yet ther is room. 
V23 And the Lord said unto His servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled. 
V24 For I say unto you, That none of those men which were bidden shall taste of my supper.”

It has been my experience that God has been very gracious and merciful, generous and patient with each of us, but the message here is clear.  You know from scripture and experience that God offers the gift of salvation to everyone that has breath.  Therefore, theoretically, its never too late to receive Christ, at least until you die.

So why the harsh treatment of those who were bidden, but made excuses and didn’t come when they were called?

I no more asked the question, that I received the answer. 

God knows you.  God knows how hard it is for a man or woman to come to Him, after they have been called and made excuses why they couldn’t come.

It is no small thing to reject the Son of God.  God knows how you are.  He knows that once you say no:
You will fight it with all you have
Your pride swells up, you become;
self-sufficient - self-reliant - self-taught - self-everything
You will grow strong in yourself to the point where you think you
need nothing and no one

It’s one thing to say yes to God when He calls - to confess of your sins, repent and by faith accept Christ. 
But if you say no:
You build a little world of your own
You design a religion that works for you
You prove to everybody that you don’t need anybody
You become your own God
God knows that after you reject Him - to confess of your sins, repent and by faith accept Christ takes one more step.  You have to swallow your pride if you are to make progress with God.  Many people will go to their grave because of pride."

Excerpt from Don't Wait by Keith C. Powell Copyright 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment