57. And it came to pass, that, as they went in the way, a certain man said unto him, Lord, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest.
58. And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.
59. And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.
60. Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.
61. And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house.
62. And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.
Lord, the truth is, I don’t really want to stop what I am doing. My unbelief and my lack of faith have become a comfort to me.
If someone addresses the things in my life that aren’t right, I need my unbelief to comfort me and tell me it’s OK. I have learned not to worry about it. I can take care of it later.
When the pressure is on and the Church really needs me, I can say no, without hesitation. My unbelief comforts me and lets me know, “after all, I am not trained. Only trained people can work with kids. I have no guilt, because I believe I can’t do it."
Unbelief is that voice that says that if the faith thing doesn’t work out you still have something to fall back on.
Unbelief keeps people secure while running away from God.
Unbelief becomes a faith in itself.
your unbelief has strong ties and a lot of supporters.
Unbelief rallies to keep you from believing words like:
6. And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you. Luke 17:6
"for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you." Matthew 17:20
22. And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive. Matthew 21:21-22
37. For with God nothing shall be impossible. Luke1:37
Excerpt from God thinking XCVI - Getting Your Unbelief Under Control by Keith C. Powell Copyright 2015