Tuesday, May 12, 2015

God Thinking XCII - Questions Of The Heart 1

Questions Of The Heart

How do I take what I learn from a message and put it to practical use?

Is there a way for me to experience the healing power of God without going up in the front of the Church and being prayed for?

I hear a lot of talk about getting in the presence of God, but if I do will I have to believe just like my wife or my husband?

I am not the speaking kind of personality, and I don’t particularly want to help with the ministry, but I want to help, just not the way that others do.  What can I do to help? 

I want to be a part of the Church, but I really don’t want to give up the relationship I am in.  What can I do?

I believe that Jesus died on the cross, but I don’t see any need for all this Church stuff.  It’s boring and I don’t want to stop doing the things that I like to do.  Can’t I just believe and still live the way I want too without losing my soul?

One hour of Church is enough for anybody.  Who does the preacher think he is, just taking his good ole time?

The next time they all get up and go pray for somebody, I am gong to walk right out the door. Shouldn’t they keep their problems to themselves?
  
How can I get closer to God?  It seems that when I try, their always something to cut it short, and I just don’t get to the place of glory that you talk about.

You talk about going deeper with God.  How can I go deeper, when I can’t even change a simple habit?

I believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God and that He died for my sins and rose again from the dead.  Can’t I also believe in other divinities like Buddha and Rah and Zoaraster without losing my connection with Christ?

I want to do better.  Every week I make a commitment to do this or that, but when the week comes around I find myself back in the same old traps.  What can I do to break the cycle?

I want to see angels in a vision, but every time I try to see an angel...it’s just not what I want to experience.  Is it OK that I want to see an angel or even to see Jesus?

I want to hear the voice of God, but I can’t seem to get quiet enough, long enough to hear His voice.  How can I hear His voice and how can I know it is His voice?

I want to do the right thing, but it seems so hard.  Is it supposed to be so hard to do the right thing?

I know I should feel forgiven for my past sins.  Why do I still feel guilt?


I like to watch sitcoms and regular TV.  I am going to watch them anyway, but I would like to know, how do I know if what I am watching is something that would be approved of by God?

   Excerpt from God thinking XCII - Questions Of The Heart by Keith C.                                          Powell Copyright 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment