Saturday, May 2, 2015

God Thinking XCI - Meology 1

"I want to discuss what submission to God means with the understanding that you can do the things that Jesus did and even greater things, as the Word proclaims.  In the book of John 14:12 the Word says “ Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.”  Doesn’t the Word say in Philippians 4:13, “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”

And isn’t it true that you are to be about the Father’s business.

I want to deal with the reason why, even believers, struggle to find their way, even when the way has been provided and the road map has been prepared - even though Jesus has gone before you to make a way and Jesus has paid the price for your iniquity so that you could be free to travel forward (in the Spirit) under the direct guidance of the Holy Spirit to be and to do all that God has prepared you for and prepared for you.

Even with all that at your fingertips (literally) and in your heart (spiritually), too often, you serve the flesh rather than the Spirit.  

It is not easier to serve the flesh than the Spirit, but you have been conditioned to believe it is easier to serve the flesh than the Spirit.  And you don’t stay (in the flesh) because it is easier to stay in the flesh than to stay (in the Spirit), but you have been conditioned to believe it is."

Excerpt from God thinking XCI - Meology by Keith C. Powell Copyright 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment