Friday, April 17, 2015

God Thinking LXXXIX - Principles Of Power 5

"The power of God and the anointed life is for those who have made up their mind that God is who He says He is in the scriptures. 
No other kind of faith will do except the:
  • Faith in the Father as revealed in Holy scripture, the Holy Bible.
  • Faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God as revealed in Holy scripture, the Holy Bible.
  • Faith in the Holy Spirit as revealed in Holy scripture, the Holy Bible. (period)
‘Seeker faith’ will not do. 
‘Show me first faith’ will not do.
‘I love you Lord, but not enough to do something about my situation faith’ will not do.
  • ‘Sunday faith’ will not do.
  • ‘Extra-biblical faith’ will not do.
  • ‘Your spouses faith’ will not do.
  • ‘If it goes my way faith’ will not do.
  • ‘As long as I can believe what I want to faith’ will not do.
  • ‘As long as You don’t test me faith, will not do.
  • ‘Don’t ask me to give up what is mine faith’ will not do.
  • ‘As long as I can continue in my sin faith, will not do.
  • ‘As long as I can have control faith, will not do.
  • ‘As long as You don’t bother me faith, will not do.
  • ‘As long as You don’t tell me what to do faith, will not do.
Today, even born-again believers and especially young believers are in rebellion to God’s Holy Word. 

2 Timothy 3:1-7
1.  This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
 2.  For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
 3.  Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
 4.  Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
 5.  Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
 7.  Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.  

These people will not do it God’s way.  They will not submit to the teachings of the Bible and therefore they cannot receive the Spirit of God.
Where did the body of Christ and our teenage believers hear that when they get saved, they get to keep?
Their old self
Their former inclinations
Their unsaved behaviors and attitudes
Where did the body of Christ hear that when they get saved, they get to keep?      
Their old ways and
Their old habits
Who was it that taught that it’s OK to struggle with the same  old habit for twenty-five years?  
I hope that you and I never placate our peers, our friends or 
our family with a ‘feel good because I don’t want to hurt their 
feelings gospel’.

The only reason that most Christians are living below their calling is because they have been taught that it is OK."

Note: Yes you should question what you have been taught and set it against the Bible for confirmation of its authenticity. The Bible is the test, not what someone says the Bible says.  Make your new rule to hear from God before you dispose the matter at hand.

Excerpt from God Thinking LXXXIX - Principles Of Power by Keith C.                                         Powell Copyright 2015



No comments:

Post a Comment