If you are not going through the fire right now and you experiencing the joy and the peace that comes with a yielding relationship with God - then God will simply use this time in your life to draw you closer and impart to you His wisdom - because God understands the good times:
- The times when things seem to come together:
- The times when all your bills are all paid
- The times when your spouse thinks you are the greatest person on earth
- The times when your children do everything you tell them to do, because they believe that you really do know best.
- The times when you are secure
- The times when you have no fear
- The times when you get a raise without asking
But for all the other times:
- Like when nothing comes together, no matter what you do.
- The times when the stress that comes with trying to pay all the bills is so great you want to throw in the towel.
- The times when your spouse seems like your enemy.
- The times when your children don’t listen, and actually they believe you are more stupid than a telephone pole.
- The times when you are very insecure and lonely and empty and wanting and depressed.
- The times when you fear everything; you fear tomorrow, you fear death, you fear loss of financial security, fear of your singleness.
- The times when you couldn’t get a raise or maybe even a job.
Excerpt from God Thinking LXI - Good Theology by Keith C. Powell Copyright 2014