Sunday, February 17, 2013

God Thinnking XIV - The Inner Court 9

  • "When you go there (behind the veil), supper had better already be made or it might not get made.  
  • When you go there, you turn off your mobile phone.
  • When you go there, you go with reverence and awe.
But you were made for such a time as this.  You were created to be in this place and be emptied of self and full of God.  

I want you to get a feel for the language that gets men and women in this place behind the veil. 

1 Kings 9:3a
“And the LORD appeared to Solomon the second time, as He appeared unto him in Gibeon.
V3 And the LORD said unto him, I have heard thy prayer and thy supplication, that thou hast made before Me...”

Psalm 30:1-8
“I will extol thee, O LORD; for thou hast lifted me up, and hast not made my foes to rejoice over me.
V2 O LORD my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me.
V3 O LORD, thou hast brought up my soul from the grave: thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit.
V4 Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of His, and give thanks at the remembrance of His holiness.
V5 For His anger endureth but a moment; in His favour is life; weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.
V6 And in my prosperity I said, I shall never be moved.
V7 LORD, by thy favour thou hast made my mountain to stand strong; thou didst hide thy face, and I was troubled.
V8 I cried to thee, O LORD; and unto the LORD I made supplication”

Psalm 55:1-2
“Give ear to my prayer, O God; and hide not thyself from my supplication.
V2 Attend unto me, and hear me: I mourn in my complaint and make noise.”

Psalm 142:1-2
“I cried unto the LORD with my voice; with my voice unto the LORD did I make my supplication.
V2 I poured out my complaint before Him; I shewed Him my trouble.”
Daniel 6:10-11
“Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went into his house; and his windows being opened in his chamber toward Jerusalem, he kneeled upon his knees three times a day, and prayed, and gave thanks before his God, as he did aforetime.
V11 Then these men assembled, and found Daniel praying and making supplication before his God."

Ephesians 6:10-17
V18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
 
My God, this is a call to you."
  Excerpt from God Thinking XIV - The Inner Court by Keith C. Powell Copyright 2013
 

No comments:

Post a Comment