4 You increase in knowledge and understanding of the things of God.
1 Timothy 2:1-4 “I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; V2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. V3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; V4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.”
It is time to get understanding.
It is time to seek the wisdom of God.
It is time to be more than a couch potato.
If you are here, you are here to be challenged to reach up higher and to find your place in God’s economy, because that’s what this ministry is all about.
- You do not mince words.
- You preach Christ crucified.
- You do not preach works. - You preach stewardship .
- You do not preach the law. - You preach grace.
- You preach the virgin birth of the very Son of God.
- You preach that God is alive and well, in charge, in authority, the very Sovereign of the universe.
- You preach the Godhead; Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
- You preach that there is one name above all names by which we must be saved, the name of Jesus.
No one comes to this place in your life because they think they are going to have their ears tickled.
They know that God might meet them while they are singing or while the Word is being preached or during the fellowship and they will increase in understanding and knowledge.
How can you tell if you are growing in grace?You increase in knowledge and understanding of the things of God.
Excerpt from God Thinking XIX Growing In Grace by Keith C. Powell Copyright 2013