“Then said the prophet Jeremiah unto Hananiah the prophet, Hear now, Hananiah; the LORD hath not sent thee; but thou makest this people to trust in a lie.
V16 Therefore thus saith the LORD; I will cast thee from off the face of the earth: this year thou shalt die, because thou hast taught rebellion against the LORD.
V17 So Hananiah the prophet died the same year in the seventh month.”
When you trust in a lie or an untruth, something not ordained by God, you run the risk of missing God’s intent for you.
- You run the risk of mapping out your own design that might be incongruent with God's will for your life.
- You run the risk of making a plan that God cannot sanctify.
- You run the risk of starting a business that God does not bless.
- You run the risk of marrying a man or woman without God’s approval.
- You run the risk of hanging with people that worship God in vain.
- You run the risk of making your own rules and regulations that take away from the freedom you have in Christ., burdening others with your own personal biases, bents and idiosyncrasies.
Excerpt from God Thinking XV - By Design by Keith C. Powell Copyright 2013