They claim Christ, but not the work that Christ does in them.
They claim to be a new creation, that just happens to enjoy all the same old habits as before.
They claim that Jesus is Lord...but...
Jesus said in Luke 6:46 “And why call ye Me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?”
The Holy Spirit reminds the believer that Jesus is Lord and to be worshiped and adored.
The Holy Spirit brings to our attention that we are Ambassadors of Christ and as Ambassadors we have a responsibility to accurately represent Him to a lost and dying world.
The Holy Spirit convicts of us sin and reveals what should be put “on top” in the mind and convicts us of what needs to be pushed down and out.
The Holy Spirit steers us to conform to the image of God and to put off the old ways.
The Holy Spirit leads every child of God to take responsibility as a creation of God for His or her own actions.
There are many counterfeit Christians and they are not interested in what God says.
God declares He will have:
- A people in love with His Son.
- A people devoted to the things of God.
- A people informed in the truths of Scripture.
- A people who look for ways to build His Church.
- A people who desire holiness.
- A people hungry for the things of God.
- A people who adore the Lord.
- A people who seek the narrow path.
- A people who choose to be like Christ.
- A people who trust God.
- A people who love one another.
- A people tempered in righteousness.
- A people of faithfulness.
- A people who follow Christ.
- A people that desire to be with His people.
- A people who enjoy worship and praise.
- A people that give to the poor.
- A people that answer the call.
Excerpt from God thinking 60 - Religion or Christ, which is it? by Keith C. Powell Copyright 2012