The spirit calls the inner man to high and holy ground. The spirit is pure and holy and healthy. The spirit reveals, unveils, unlocks, enlightens, lifts, frees, empowers, and encourages us to be like Christ.
The flesh often:
- Is easily tricked
- Is stubborn
- Refuses instruction
- Hides things
- Is selfish
- Is not concerned about our quality of life
- Chooses pleasure over discipline
- Is easily deceived
- Quite often chooses the lesser road
- Is sometimes irrational
- Rationalizes what it wants
- Is easily provoked
- Chooses escape above commitment
- Is not easily deceived
- Is not easily influenced unless it is God, because your spirit is the closest part of yourself to God.
- Your spirit comes alive and is made full.
- You can sense the connection.
- There is peace that passes understanding.
- There is freedom.
- There is no pressure.
- Faith is released - like water coming from a fountain.
- Belief is engaged
Excerpt from The Power of God Thinking by Keith C. Powell Copyright 2010