Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Getting To Know God Better 12

"If you are at all like me you just want the truth. It doesn't even matter what the subject is, you you just want it straight. You deserve to have it straight. One thing about God, God did not leave a guessing game for all of us to play. God did not leave us unattended and unprepared to attend to managing the world's religious affairs. But God did give it to us straight.

The Bible is the answer to the corruption that we see today of all that is from God. Religious orders have stepped in and put doubt in the hearts of men and women and children as to God's system, God's order, God's economy. Look, I don't just want to say the Bible is the answer to it all, but I do want to say that the Bible contains the correct answer/s to it all.

In baseball if you can't get a hit, you can't get on base unless you get a walk. Today people expect a walk. They aren't even trying to get a hit. As a matter of fact too many want to be on the team, but they want to stay in the dugout. To get a hit, I mean step up to the plate with the intent to hit the ball as hard and as far as possible. That's the whole idea behind getting to know God better. You have to get up to bat and do the best you can with what you've got. Ask yourself these questions, and please don't ask it through the eyes of your religion, denomination.

  • "Have I stepped up and asked God to be a part of my life in the everyday way?
  • Do I have a clear understanding of what is in the Bible based on my own personal reading of the Bible?
  • Have I made up my mind to believe what I read?
  • Have I invited the Holy Spirit to abide in me?
  • Have I made an attempt to enter into the presence of God, personally and not just in a religious setting?
  • Do I hear the voice of God in my heart?
  • Am I currently fulfilling my God ordained/breathed calling?

Before I go any further if you can't answer yes to these questions, you have a religious relationship with God. Don't even think it. Somehow I must be against organized religion. That is not true at all. Organized religion can be a stepping stone toward getting to know God, but it will never replace getting to know God.

It's really not complicated. God did not make it difficult. God made it easy and we have made it complicated. My thinking is that we need to unlearn a great many things."





  

No comments:

Post a Comment