Other Little Ships
Please go with me to Mark 4:35-41. We are going to look at what God has for us today, locked inside and ready to be released for anyone with faith to believe.
35. And the same day, when the even was come, He saith unto them, Let us pass over unto the other side.
36. And when they had sent away the multitude, they took him even as he was in the ship. And there were also with him other little ships.
37. And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full.
38. And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish?
39. And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.
40. And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?
41. And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?
When Jesus says, V35 "Let us pass over unto the other side," There's a lot of dynamics to consider.
When Jesus speaks to you to do a particular thing - Jesus speaks to your spirit to do what He says. If you were anything other than a human, you could not resist the spoken Word of God, for all creation obeys His voice.
The stars and the moon, the sand on the beach and every creature cannot withstand the spoken Word of God.
Do you remember what Jesus told the Pharisees when Jesus was entering
: Luke 19:39-40, A39. And some of the Pharisees from among the
multitude said unto him, Master, rebuke thy disciples. Jerusalem
40. And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.
We are the ones who have the free will to disobey God and go about our own way. Even the demons must respond to God's commands, but you and I, we were made different. We don't have to obey God."
Excerpt from Other Little ships by Keith C. Powell Copyright 2016