Monday, July 25, 2016

Other Little Ships 6

"Mark 4:38
38.  And He was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake Him, and say unto Him, Master, carest thou not that we perish?

"asleep on a pillow." I had to talk to God about this. 
"asleep on a pillow." You've got to be kidding me. 
You call me to give it all up for you. 
You call me knowing that I will face the impossible.
You call me knowing that my ship is going to come just a moments time away from sinking - And all the while, You are in the hinder part of the ship, "asleep on a pillow.'  

Hey, don't get me wrong, I didn't mind too much that God was in the hinder part of the ship - but "asleep on a pillow!!!"

Have you ever been there?
Are you there now?
The wind is blowing.
The waves have tossed you to and fro.
Your ship is about to sink.
You think to yourself, 'what is God doing?'
'Are You asleep on a pillow?
Surely you can't see what I'm going through or you would have done something already.'

Excerpt from Other Little Ships by Keith C. Powell Copyright 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment