Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Not The Wait Word? 4

"Time out (waiting) gives you the opportunity to wait until the conditions change:
or to wait until your mind starts to focus back in on God
or wait until you hear the voice of God
or wait until you get the confirmation
or wait until you are not so desperate

Negative emotions wear off in time and that is why God wants you to learn to wait.  Quite often if decisions are made when negative emotions are in control, the decision is less than or far less than what God wants for you.

Hear what God has to say about it:

Psalms 27:14
14.  Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

Psalms 37:4-7
4.  Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
 5.  Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
 6.  And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.
 7.  Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him:

Psalms 62:5-8
5.  My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.
 6.  He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defense; I shall not be moved.
 7.  In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.
 8.  Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.

Isaiah 40:31
 31.  But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Isaiah 64:4
4.  For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him.

Lamentations 3:22-26
22.  It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
 23.  They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
 24.  The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.
 25.  The Lord is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.
 26.  It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the Lord.

I know you want out of your problems and dilemmas now, but the scriptures say, WAIT

Do you want to know the truth? You don’t have to wait on the Lord. 

But what you receive when you jump ahead of God’s plan for your life is not a pretty thing.  It might look good at first, but the end is always, not good. 


Those who are trying to live out their life on their own decisions without the leading of the Holy Spirit are causing a lot of trouble within and without the body of Christ."

Excerpt from Not The Wait Word by Keith C. Powell Copyright 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment