Tuesday, March 15, 2016

The Answer 6

"Psalm 95:6 says
“O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our Maker.”

In order to feel the depth of this type of obedience I want to read a prayer to God.
Close your eyes if you would and think deeply on this prayer.
Listen carefully and see if you agree with its content.  If you do agree with the content pray each line for yourself and let God revive you.

Oh, LORD, that I would serve you because you are the LORD.
You are high and lifted up.
You have saved me from eternal judgement.
You have saved me from sins powerhold.
You have saved me from the shame of the cross.
You have saved me from myself.
I will obey You despite the cost.
I will obey You without weighing the consequences.
I will obey You even if I am persecuted.
I will obey You for Your constant mercy and grace.
I will obey You because You gave me life.
I will submit to You whether or not my friends or family do.
I will submit to You because You are worthy.
I will submit to You because You are everything to me.
I will submit to You even if others mock me or leave me or hate me.
All losses for You Lord are great riches to me.
I will obey You Lord and surrender myself to You.
I trust You, Lord.
Do with me as You please - even if I die, I will die unto You.
I will obey You, Lord - teach me every truth that I may bow to You every day.

Show me what to do and I will do it.
Tell me where to go and I will go.
Break me Lord and broken I will serve You.
Test me Lord and reveal my sin that I may worship You more.
Help me to see You and You alone long enough to get my priorities straight.

Take away my shelter and I will worship You in the open air.
If I am pressed on every side, help me stay focused on praising You.
Lord, here I am, my self surrendered to You.  I am the clay.  Mold me as it pleases You.
Lord, here I am - I give up my self desires for my child, that they will know you.
Whatever You command, I will do it.  Amen"

Excerpt from The Answer by Keith C. Powell Copyright 20116

No comments:

Post a Comment