1. You must already possess adequate information to make a well-informed decision.
14. Wise men lay up knowledge: but the mouth of the foolish is near destruction.
15. The heart of the prudent getteth knowledge; and the ear of the wise seeketh knowledge.
How can we make a wise decision if you don’t have the knowledge to make a prudent decision.
2. You must already operate under established parameters that you will not compromise on.
15. Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.
16. Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.
If you are to make the right decision, sometimes on short notice, you had better be making use of every bit of wisdom that you have already received.
When you are at the crossroad of decisions, before you even consider making a decision:
3. You must know the Word
23. But he that received seed into the good ground is he
that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.
2 Timothy 2:15
15. Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."
Excerpt from God Thinking XCVII - Crossroads - by Keith C. Powell Copyright 2015