Tuesday, December 15, 2015

God Thinking XCVI - Getting Your Unbelief Under Control 1

"I want you to take time to think deeply about what God, the Father wants from you. 

I want to look into the eyes of your Savior and ask the question, “Are you pleased with me, Lord?”

I want to commune with the Holy Spirit in a way that assures me that I have not only communicated my needs and desires, but, that I can say with assurance, that I have heard the voice of God, and that is why I am going forward with... (you fill in the blank).

Today, you have been brought to a crossroad.  What you do after you read this, will be the determining factor in the results - the outcome - of your entire future.

I am asking you to take a moment and pray to God to help you with your unbelief.  I will do it too. 

It is not that you don’t have enough knowledge to follow Christ in your everyday walk.

It is not that you don’t have enough proof, that you mess around with a Holy God.

It is not that you are slacking in revelation, inspiration, illumination or impartation that you are found in want, too often.

It is not that you have not been shown the way.

It is not that you have not sensed His glory round about you.

It is not that you have not learned, many times, timeless truths from the ancient of ancients.

It is not that you have not sensed His presence.

It is not that you have not, on  occasion, given consideration to the things of God. 

It is not that the devil has so much power that you just cannot break through to that place of certainty and surety.

It is not because, as a child, you suffered at the hands of the guilty, and you just cannot get beyond it.

It is also not that you have come to recognize your insufficiency, and it is so great that you cannot get beyond yourself."

Excerpt from God thinking XCVI -  Getting Your Unbelief Under Control by Keith C. Powell Copyright 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment