Friday, October 30, 2015

God Thinking XV - Train Your Mind to Think God Thoughts 6

"2     The other reason why there is so much rebellion when we talk about doing those things that please God is because they believe a lie.

Just a couple of examples:
Remember when Peter was in the presence of Jesus and Peter was talking about what he would do for Jesus.
Let’s listen to the scripture.

Mark 14:26-31
“And when they had sung an hymn, they went out into the mount of Olives. V27 And Jesus saith unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the Shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered. V28 But after that I am risen, I will go before you into Galilee. V29 But Peter said unto Him, Although all shall be offended, yet will not I. V30 And Jesus saith unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this day, even in this night, before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice. V31 But he spake the more vehemently, If I should die with thee, I will not deny thee in any wise.  Likewise also said they all.”

Jesus just got finished telling them what scripture saith, “All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the Shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered.”
And again Jesus said, “Verily I say unto thee, That this day, even in this night, before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice.”

Peter believed a lie instead of the Master’s voice.  He believed what he had told himself instead of what Jesus told him.  There’s a lot of that going on today.  People are making up their mind based on what’s in their mind instead of what God is saying in their mind.

Excerpt from God Thinking XV - Train Your Mind To Think God Thoughts                                    by Keith C. Powell 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment