Thursday, October 8, 2015

God Thinking XIII - Break Away 8

"Don’t wait another day to break away from every negative statement, every faithless word, every man made doctrine, every word spoken against our faith and believe and trust God.

I wrote this portion over and over again, trying to leave out the sting that I kept feeling.  But again and again the Lord kept pressing me with His Word.

Matthew 10:32-38
“Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
V33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
V34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
V35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
V36 And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household.
V37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
V38 And he that taketh not his cross and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
 
We need each other.
We need our friends. 
We need for our relationships to be the very best they can be.
We need our husbands and wives.
We need our fathers and mothers.
We need our parents and children.
But we also need a right relationship with God if we are to ever experience a right relationship with our friends and family.

And this right relationship comes with personal experience.

Can you take a few moments and experience the presence of God?  
God is pleased when you exercise your faith.
Do you have somebody that God has been tugging on today to break away from something?

Now is the time.  God Thinking requires that you move when God speaks to you.  If God is speaking to you, break away from whatever is holding you down in mundane land.  Let God have a season with you through relationship and prayer, reflection and just common sense."

Excerpt from God Thinking XIII Break Away by Keith C. Powell Copyright                                                       2015


No comments:

Post a Comment