2 Corinthians 5:1-7
“For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building with God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
V2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven.
V3 If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.
V4 for we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.
V5 Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.
V6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:
V7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)
It is easy to take a short walk with Jesus. After all your first exposure to the supernatural is exciting as you experience the power of Almighty God running through your body and mind.
But not many choose the day to day walk where you get to see the long term goal for your life; the broader picture.
The long walk reveals to you a better view of how God works among His people.
- The long walk requires faith as your witness to the miraculous.
- The long walk makes you wise and trusting of Almighty God.
- The long walk trusts the outcome to the hands of the creator.
- The long walk doesn’t need for everything to go your way, it doesn’t need constant proof that God can and is doing mighty exploits.
- The long walk trusts God as God and is secure in being a child of God, trusting the Father, despite the outcome, despite the circumstances.
Excerpt from God Thinking XI - Are You Real With God Or Are You Still Trying To Fake It? by Keith C. Powell Copyright 2015