If we were teaching people that YES is the only appropriate answer to their call from God and that YES is the only appropriate answer to the call to His ways, more people would be believing God with unswerving faith - and we wouldn’t have to drive to Orlando to get healed either.
Here’s the problem. Most people that go to God to get alone, first make a pack with themselves, that if God directs them in something that they don’t want to do or to a place they don’t want to go, then they will renege.
They don’t’ mind going to God to get alone as long as God comes through and meets their own particular requirements:
- As long as God answers their prayer the way they want it answered.
- As long as they aren’t kept too long.
- As long as God doesn’t put them on the spot.
- As a matter of fact, for some, as long as God just keeps His
- place, everything will be alright .
But God is likely to say the wrong thing, if the right thing, is that thing, that you have already made up in your mind about.
If you’ve already made up your mind that:
- You aren’t going to go to where God says to go.
- You aren’t going to be what He called you to be.
- You aren’t going to do what God tells you to do.
- You aren’t going to say what God told you to say.
- If you’ve already made up your mind, that what you hear from God, must echo of your own mind........
Excerpt from God Thinking LXXXIX - Principles Of Power by Keith C. Powell Copyright 2015