I know from experience that if you don’t make up your mind ahead of time, you will fall short at those crucial moments where the rubber meets the road.
Here in this story you have the foresight of knowing what happened, but even if you do not know what is about to happen, if God called you to go over to the other side with Him, your spirit would accept, because your spirit trusts that whatever God says will come to pass, and hopefully, just like with the disciples, they went and you would go too.
But the disciples didn’t know what was to come and in your life and in your own stories, you don’t know what is to come either.
- Did Jesus know what was about to happen?
- Does Jesus know what is going to happen in your life?
- Did Jesus know that the ship would be filled with water when He called them to pass over to the other side?
- Did Jesus know that the storm was coming?
- Did Jesus warn the disciples that the storm was coming?
Does it mean that there will be no difficulties? - no problems? - no impending peril?
When Jesus call you to something - it’s not about how easy it is or how safe it is or how protected you are - If Jesus call you He is going with you and that is where you need to put your faith."
Excerpt from God thinking LXXXIII - Other Little ships by Keith C. Powell Copyright 2015