Thursday, February 12, 2015

God Thinking LXXXIII - Other Little Ships 5

"Mark 4:38
38.  And He was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake Him, and say unto Him, Master, carest thou not that we perish?

“asleep on a pillow.”  I had to talk to God about this. 
“asleep on a pillow.  You’ve got to be kidding me. 
You call me to give it all up for you. 
You call me knowing that I will face the impossible.
You call me knowing that my ship is going to come just a moments time away from sinking - And all the while, You are in the hinder part of the ship, “asleep on a pillow.” 

Hey, don’t get me wrong, I didn’t mind too much that God was in the hinder part of the ship - but asleep on a pillow!!!

Have you ever been there?
The wind was blowing.
The waves have tossed you to and fro.
Your ship is about to sink.
You think to yourself, “what is God doing?”
”Are You sleeping?”
Surely you can’t see what I’m going through.
“Master, carest thou not that we/I perish?”

For some of us, there’s a season in our walk where we think we know better than God.
For some of us there is a season that we think God is unaware of what we are going through.
For some of us we are going through the stage of, ‘If it was of God it would be easy and everything would come together like a fairy tale.”

They called Him Master, but with the same breath they questioned His authority.

They called Him Master but they don’t trust Him.

You call Him Master, but do you trust Him?

Is the Jesus that is in the "hinder part of your ship," Your Sovereign?

Do you trust that Jesus, the one “asleep on a pillow” is in control?

What happens at that moment when the ship is about to sink? 
Mark 4:39

 39.  And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm."

Excerpt from God thinking LXXXIII - Other Little ships by Keith C. Powell                                                Copyright 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment