Friday, January 2, 2015

God Thinking LXIX - The Dichotomy 8

"God thinking teaches you that all of what God has for you is exactly what you need for your complete fulfillment and satisfaction in life.

God designed you to die to self so that you could be alive in Christ. 

All of us have made our minds up about a great many things, and we should - but there are some things that deserve a second look, a second chance of sorts.

God put it on my heart to envision dying to self and learning how to allow for God to operate in me and through me - And I did.

Here is the vision God gave me.  There was a hole twenty feet deep and big enough for me to fit in.  I was put in that hole and it was covered up with dirt - and the top of the hole was capped off with a 3' deep layer of concrete.  Now that’s buried - and for all intensive purposes under those
conditions you would die.

I asked God if that could possibly be an accurate representation of the vision. 

God told me “I gave you the vision to make you a better man.  You say you want to go deep with Me.  That is the place where you can get the best vision of truly living.”

As I was beginning to ask another question, God said to me, “I’m not going to leave you there, but until you see how Christ operates in you and through you, unfettered by your stuff - you will not know how to be yourself and allow Christ to operate in you and through you.

Christ will not have the pre-eminence until you have dealt with self in such a way that you know how to get out of the way. 

To catch a vision of what God wants for you, you must experience God’s vision and plan for you outside of your self."

Excerpt from God Thinking LXIX - The Dichotomy by Keith C. Powell                                                    Copyright 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment