1 Being out of a right relationship with God.
If you are out of fellowship with God, it is revealed in our worship.
1 Samuel 15:24-25
24. And Saul said unto Samuel, I have sinned: for I have transgressed the commandment of the Lord, and thy words: because I feared the people, and obeyed their voice.
25. Now therefore, I pray thee, pardon my sin, and turn again with me, that I may worship the Lord.
Let’s face it:
- When you are in rebellion
- When you know in your heart that the way you live is not pleasing to God
- When you are in the middle of the vicious cycle of trying to be in the world, of the world and not of the world at the same time, you do not want to worship God.
- When you are at odds with God because you want something that you believe God has withheld from you, you do not want to worship God.
- When you desire something that you know does not meet with God’s seal of approval you have a difficult time worshiping God.
- Anything that is part of your everyday existence that you know lends a hand to the enemy, puts you in a state of mind where you do not want to worship God.
Excerpt from God thinking LXVIII What Is Worship? by Keith C. Powell Copyright 2014