Saturday, December 6, 2014

God Thinking LXVII - You Are That Person 6

"God said to me:
“Had it not been for the loss or your loved one, you would not understand the value of that loved one to Me.”
Psalms 116:15
 15.  Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints.

God said to me:
“Had you not believed a lie, you could never recognize the truth.”
1 John 2:21
21.  I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.

God said to me:
“You had to go through it to bring you here.”
Romans 8:18
 18.  For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Whatever you have been through doesn’t compare with what is ahead in Christ.
Whatever is behind, mustn’t be equated to what God has in mind for you - not after you are dead as some purport, but now as you relinquish yourself into God’s hands.

Whatever is behind you - can I say that despite how difficult or long it took - it was worth it - if what has happened is: that today, God has become your God and your friend.

If you think it wasn’t worth it, Hear this poem .

If every year without your wisdom
And every hour without your peace
And every moment of rejection
Was what I needed just to see

If every lie and broken promise
every sin and virtue lost
if every moment without Your presence
Is what had to be the cost

If all my sufferings that I have suffered
And all the loss that came my way
And all the bitterness and envy
Was what it took to find today     
         
Then I will gladly take my portion
Of all it took for you to show
All the riches and the glory
Of the One I’ve come to know "

Excerpt from God Thinking LXVII - You Are That Person by Keith C.                                          Powell Copyright 2014
             

No comments:

Post a Comment