6. Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.
7. He that reproveth a scorner, (someone that makes fun of wisdom), getteth to himself shame: and he that rebuketh a wicked man getteth himself a blot.
8. Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.
9. Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.
10. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.
When the Word is preached, the Holy Spirit confirms it within you with an unction. This unction is a simple yes or amen to the spoken Word or the spoken truth. Truth brings hope through the indwelling Holy Spirit.
Every Word of truth that you receive becomes part of who you are - but just the same every word of truth that you reject or rebel against also becomes part of who you are.
God speaks to you to create in you a likeness of Himself and when you yield to God’s spoken Word - you become more like God.
When you yield yourself to God, you start to and continue to operate with wisdom and prudence and truth. God thinking is all about yielding to God when its convenient and yielding to God when its not convenient."
Note: If you are like me the 'when it is not convenient' really hits a chord. If you believed that everything that you yield to God is better than anything not yielded, you would always yield. But you don't believe that yet, do you?"
Excerpt from God Thinking LXVI - The Whole Person Yields by Keith C. Powell Copyright 2014