Friday, August 22, 2014

God Thinking LXVIII - Getting Beyond Your Self/Ego 5

"Don’t let the enemy steal your faith.  The scriptures say in Philippians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."


What would you have me to do that I might have more of your presence? 

Because now I know that I can do it.
                                 
Where would you have me go, that Your will, will be fulfilled?

These are the kinds of prayers that God has placed in the hearts of men and women that are truly seeking God.  Don’t get nervous, it is likely that you are already headed in the right direction to fulfill God’s plan for your life.

But you must ask God the question and wait in His presence for the answer. 

Where would you have me go, that Your will, will be fulfilled?

Lord, are there souls at risk, that I could minister to, if I were to give up one night a week?

When Christians go to their prayer closet and ask God how they can expand their time in order to more perfectly provide for the saints of God and to bring more people to the foot of the cross - all of us will have more. 

One of the reasons for all the lack in the body of Christ is because they are not listening to God as to what they are to be involved in.  They pick and choose their ministry according to their existing schedule, when their existing schedule might be in direct opposition to the will of God for their life.

Lord, are there souls at risk, that I could minister to, if I were to give up one night a week?

Lord, do I need to go through something, that I might see you more clearly? 
Note: What you say, are you nuts?  Who would ask God to allow them to go through something unpleasant, on purpose, with the intent of being challenged, maybe changed, maybe ruined (in a way)?  Who would do that? 


Excerpt from God Thinking LXVIII - Getting Beyond Your Self/ego by Keith C. Powell Copyright 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment