8. “This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
9. But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.”
27. “Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
28. Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.”
You have learned how to reveal with your mouth what you want people to think about you - when what people think of you has no bearing on your eternal destiny. But who you are inside, in your heart, has everything to do with your eternal destiny.
It’s not just your eternal destiny that is at stake, your quality of life is contingent upon the accurate linking of what is in your heart and what proceeds from your mouth.
10. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Your spouse knows who you really are.
Your children know who you really are.
Because when you are pressed, you are revealed.
You need to pray to God that you will yield your will, your inner man and your outer man, totally to the things of God.
You need to pray that what comes from your mouth (your outer man) and what resides in your heart (your inner man) is acceptable to God.
It is easy to get entangled in the world and tricked into thinking that you can be two people at the same time - (One Actively seeking God with reverence and awe and the other finding fulfillment in worldly pursuits.)"
Excerpt from God Thinking LVI - No Stale Bread Here by Keith C. Powell Copyright 2014