Monday, July 21, 2014

God Thinking LVI - No Stale Bread Here 2

"God Thinking isn’t just about thinking high and lofty thoughts of God.  It’s also about growing up and taking responsibility for who you are in Christ. 
It’s about taking God’s direction and moving forward. 
It’s about abiding in Christ.
God Thinking sparks you to get on with life and make the next few years worth it all.
It’s about being so hungry for the things of God that you don’t want to ruin your appetite with anything else.
It’s about the words you speak and what you allow your eyes to see and what you think about and what you meditate on.
David says in Psalms 19:14
14.  “Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.”
Can we say that together: “Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.”
These two things - The words of our mouth and the meditation of our heart reveal who we really are and where we are in our relationship with the Lord.

James 3:9-11, "Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
10. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
11.  Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?"

  Excerpt from God Thinking LVI - No Stale Bread Here by Keith C. Powell Copyright 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment