Friday, January 17, 2014

God Thinking XLI - Start Believing Differently and You Will Get Different Results 7

"God looks for occasion to bless you, and by giving of what we have, God can release the power within the principle of sowing and reaping.  God can pour out a blessing by occasion of our love and commitment to others, to the poor, to the helpless and to the church.

God knows, that when you and I decide, that giving of what we have, (not of what we might get in the future), for no other reason, than revelation from God, (that it is the right thing to do), God knows, that to multiply what we give and cause it to increase will motivate us to give more, until giving becomes as important to us as it was to Christ.

I want to tell you a little story.  Here’s what a lot of people have done about tithing. 

“I don’t give to the church.  I play guitar in church and that is my tithe.”

“I have church in my house at the kitchen table.  I give to myself as a tithe since I am the priest of my household.”

“I don’t believe in tithing.  Tithing is just to make the preachers rich.”
 
I am giving you these examples to show you, how that, rather than just believing what God says and living in the freedom provided for us by the blood of Christ, people make excuses for not doing what they know is right, thinking they are justifying themselves. 

Living under false pretenses is not justification.  It is foolishness.

One more example.  This is probably the best I have heard yet.  “I send my kids to Christian School and that is my tithe.”
 
“I feel like I am doing something good for the church by spending my tithe on my kids.”

Can we just praise God that He blesses us and tithe because, in our heart, we really want to be involved in the work of the church.  

Can we sow just because our heavenly Father is a sower.

Can we give just because our Lord and Savior is a giver.

Can we give because it works.  God knows if we are a giver or not, and God blesses on what He sees us doing with the blessings He gives us.

I’m telling you that if you have a desire in your heart to be a cheerful giver, that God will give to you in advance, because He can trust the giver to be a good steward of God’s gifts to you.
 
Excerpt from God thinking XLI - Start Believing Differently and You Will Get Different Results by Keith C. Powell Copyright 2013
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment