Wednesday, January 15, 2014

God Thinking XLI - Start Believing Differently and You Will Get Different Results 6

"Does the principle of tithing work?  Yes, it was instituted by God for the benefit and to benefit His people and His priest.

Is tithing a law of God, that must be followed by the Church in order to be in a right standing with God?  No. 

Your right standing with God is provided by the precious blood of Jesus Christ. (period)

Are there benefits that you will reap if you tithe?  Absolutely.

Malachi 3:6, “For I am the LORD, I change not;...” 

Romans 3:19-22
“Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
V20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in His sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
V21 but now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
V22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference.”

Proverbs 8:17-21
“I love them that love Me; and those that seek Me early shall find Me.
V18 Riches and honour are with Me; yea, durable riches and righteousness.
V19 My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver.
V20 I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgement:
V21 That I may cause those that love Me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures.”

Luke 6:38 (A promise from Jesus)
“Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom.  For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.” 

Philippians 4:15-19
“Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as concerning giving and receiving, but ye only.
V16 For even in Thessalonica ye sent once and again unto my necessity.
V17 Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account.
V18 But I have all, and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things which were sent from you, an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, wellpleasing to God.
V19 But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.”

God wants you and I to give, because it reflects Christ in us, not out of guilt or duty, but out of an understanding of the principle of sowing and reaping."
 
Excerpt from God thinking XLI - Start Believing Differently and You Will Get Different Results by Keith C. Powell Copyright 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment