As a people:
- After you and I are done messing with His Word.
- After you and I are done tickling our own ears.
- After you have watered the Word down to be comfortable.
- After you have tweaked the Word of God to meet our denominational dogma.
- After you have turned our back on His promises.
- After you have tried the Word of God on our own terms, making it say what we want it to for a while.
- After you measure the Word by the ways of man.
- After you have had it our way for long enough.
And you are ready to:
- Quit messing with His Word.
- And quit tickling your own ears.
- And quit sipping on a watered down Word.
- Once you quit thinking comfortable means faithful.
- Once you believe the Word of God every time it is read or it is spoken.
- Once you believe His promises.
- Once you stop thinking we know a better way.
- Once you decide to do life on God’s terms.
- Once you measure the Word by the Word.
- Once you say, that’s enough - Lord, I don’t want it my way any more.
- Once this happens: You won’t care one iota what the devil says about money or anything else.
You won’t believe another lie about God’s ways.
See, once you have revelation from God - what you do is by faith and faith pleases God.
Once you receive revelation from God - It doesn’t matter how you have been doing it.
Once you believe the revelation we receive from God - then what God says cannot be robbed from us, cannot be changed, cannot be thwarted, cannot be altered.
Once we believe the revelation you received from God:
- What doesn’t seem to work for others, works for you.
- What used to look like an impossibility has just become an opportunity.
- What you didn’t have faith to believe, you now not only believe, but receive.
- What once looked like a burden, has been transformed into a blessing.
- Obstacles look like opportunities.
- Barriers look like stepping stones.
The Word of God has been released on your behalf, but many people today don’t believe it - And even more don’t receive it. You can’t receive what you can’t believe God for, and satan has convinced many of us to have a very, very low expectation of God’s ability to bring about good things in our life."
Excerpt from God thinking XL - Nothing Less Will Do - Nothing Else Will Work by Keith C. Powell Copyright 2013