Saturday, November 2, 2013

God Thinking XXXVI - Seeking God In All The Wrong Places 8

"In the presence of God:
God might change you
God could change the way you think about things.  The things that used to matter a great deal, might take a back seat to a new way of thinking.   
What you thought you had to have - God may take away the desire, the urge or the inclination.      
I find that I am powerless to change myself, except by submission to God, but through submission to God, I am constantly amazed at how God:
ü   imparts strength in weakness.
ü   comfort in sorrow.
ü   love, where there was once apprehension.
ü   God imparts forgiveness where there was once bitterness and resentment.
ü   Commitment where indifference use to reside.
When I go to God lonely, despondent, unsure, forgotten, unhappy, feeling unworthy, or even depressed - When I go to God seeking Him - I find Him with open arms receiving me to Himself - opening doors, inspiring me, giving me hope and direction.
 
"In the presence of God:
God might change you

Excerpt from God Thinking XXXVI - Seeking God In All The Wrong Places by Keith C. Powell Copyright 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment