- "You must come to a place where you seek God, just to find Him.
- You let go of your desires, for a time, to have a glimpse of God.
- You must forget about what you want, for just long enough to get caught up in the glory of His presence.
- You must, for just a moment, lay down your talents, skills, abilities to be in communion with your Maker. God is not easily impressed - you must leave our ego at the door that enters into the presence of God.
- You must set aside all the senseless worry, the stress, your debt, your mistakes, your past - all for a moment with the Master.
- You must seek to abide in Christ, to be converted and changed and purified, so you can see Him more clearly than before.
- You must pray the Holy Spirit will purge you from any part of yourself that would keep you from a divine appointment.
There never was Christianity without seeking and finding God. That’s religion.
Excerpt from God Thinking XXXVI - Seeking God In All The Wrong Places by Keith C. Powell Copyright 2013