“In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and His train filled the temple.
V2 Above it stood the Seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain He covered His face, and with twain He covered His feet, and with twain He did fly.
V3 And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, Holy, Holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of His glory.
V4 And the posts of the door moved at the voice of Him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke.
V5 Then said I, Woe is me! For I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.”
When you come into the very presence of God, God reveals Himself and discloses:
His Power - His Holiness - His Mercy - His Love - His Omnipotence - His Omniscience - His Omnipresence - His Sovereignty - His Immutability
God reveals who you are too. He reveals those secret things. God uncovers you so that you can see clearly who you really are:
- Not melt you or destroy you.
- Not to embarrass you or demean you.
- Not to set you back or to hurt you.
- Not to chastise you because He doesn’t like you
- God reveals who you are to empower you
God gives you vision of who you are even in the hidden corner of your being to give you insight, to empower you, to benefit you and to bless you.
- So you will change
- So you will make corrections in your course of life
- So you can improve your situation
- So you will grow in grace.
- not a foggy view burdened by your love for the things of this world.
- not a view blocked by a stubborn will
- not a view biased by denominational preferences
- not a view based on your own private interpretation.
Excerpt from God-thinking XXII - In His Presence by Keith C. Powell Copyright 2013