As a matter of fact:
It was the same enemy that gave Adam and Eve a visit.
- The same enemy that had taken over the city of Sodom and Gomorrah.
- It is the same enemy that provoked David to number Israel.
- It was the same enemy that was after the baby Jesus.
- The same enemy that entered into the heart of Judas.
- The same enemy that visited Jesus in the wilderness.
- The same enemy is going to continue to bring havoc wherever he is welcome.
- This enemy is not moved that you or your family have accepted Christ as your Lord and Savior.
Even though he has no authority where he is not welcome, there are far too many people who treat him more as a friend than an enemy.
Even though you know that you must “Put on the whole armour of God, that we may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil” Eph. 6:11
Even though you have been told that “we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” Eph. 6:12
There are far too many people willing to dabble or play games with this enemy.
Excerpt from God Thinking XXI - Know You Enemy by Keith C. Powell Copyright 2013