Monday, July 9, 2012

God Thinking 54 - The Christian Conscience 9

"To bring every thought captive to the obedience of Christ you need to read the Word of God in the Spirit of the Word, not the letter of the Word.

Too many Christians are trying to live out a spiritual life under the letter of the Word and not the Spirit of the Word.  Just try to talk to someone who thinks they know more than God Himself and you can see what happens when the reader tries to apply the living Word under the letter of the Word.

To bring every thought captive to the obedience of Christ should be your hearts’ goal.

When it is your goal, the way you think, what you think about and what you think into being, is being transformed from -  the way you used to think (before you learned to rely on God to lead you and guide you) into the way you think now, which is to allow God to participate in your thinking, i. e., to bring into  captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

I want to plant a tiny seed today into your mind.  If you and I could agree to allow God to have access to our mind for a few minutes, I believe God will impart into you:

His life changing Word

His mind transforming Word

His body healing Word

His attitude changing Word

His habit breaking Word

His love building Word

His miracle working Word

Can you imagine what it would be like if you didn’t have the Word of God and the promises contained within the Word of God?  If you never heard , “Come unto Me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest for your souls.”  Matthew 11:28-29
or
If God had never said, “by whose stripes ye were healed” 1 Peter 4:24
or
“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”  John 3:16
or
“If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.” John 7:37

Please hear God’s Word and let God impart to you Himself.

Word.

Psalms 119:28

 28.  “My soul melteth for heaviness: strengthen thou me according to thy Word.”

Psalms 119:100-101

 100.  “I understand more than the ancients, because I keep Thy precepts.

 101.  I have refrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep Thy Word.”

Psalms 119:103-105

 103.  “How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!

 104.  Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.

 105.  Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.”

Psalms 119:114

114.  “Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I hope in thy word.”

Psalms 119:130

130.  “The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.”

Psalms 119:154

154.  “Plead my cause, and deliver me: quicken me according to thy word.”

Psalms 127:1

 1.  “Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.”

Colossians 3:16

 16.  “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.”

Romans 8:31

31.  “What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?”

You could not be sure of anything if it were not that God has written down for you, the book of life that reveals exacting truths that reveal and impart the heart of God in you.

God reveals in His Word:

The history of the creation of the world and everything in it.

The history of mankind and everything necessary to fully understand the motives, intents, character, personality and temperament of mankind.

God reveals everything in His Word necessary to secure unrestricted access to God Himself.

I wonder sometimes, what else could we possibly want from God?"
Excerpt from God Thinking 54 - The Christian Conscience by Keith C. Powell Copyright 2012








No comments:

Post a Comment