Friday, June 29, 2012

God Thinking 53 - Learning the hard lessons 13

There’s two kinds of faith

The first
To live what I already know to be true is not for me

I want to ramble on a little more and see

To receive new light from God is not what I had in mind

When I signed up to be a Christian it was only on Sunday this light I would find

I thought that God did what He wanted to do

What’s this stuff about “According to your faith be it unto you?”

To wait on the Lord is not my cup of tea

I will get what I can right now, for me

No way I’m going to teach a class of kids or men

I don’t even like them

Go here, go there, what kind of talk is this?

I already give up my Sunday morning and that’s it.

The other

To live what I already know to be true is right for me
I want to practice what I know to be true for God to see

To receive new light from God is everything I had in mind
When I signed up to be a Christian I knew it would be all the time
I know that God does what is right to do
I praise Him for “According to your faith be it unto you?”
To wait on the Lord is like getting a joyful life degree
And I don’t want another thing that God has not prepared for me
I’ll teach that class of kids or men

All I’ve got to do is tell them about my very best friend

Go here, go there, where is it Lord that you would have me go?

I already gave up my life, so make it so.

Excerpt from God Thinking 53 - Learning the hard truths by Keith C. Powell Copyright 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment