V24 For I say unto you, That none of those men which were bidden shall taste of my supper."
I was talking to and praying to God about this issue and I asked, "why the harsh treatment of those who were bidden, but made excuses and didn't come when they were called?" I no more asked the question when I received the answer.
God knows us. God knows how hard it is for a man or woman to come to Him, after they have been called and made excuses why they couldn't come. It is no small thing to reject the Son of God. God knows how we are. He knows that once you say no:
- We will fight it with all you have
- Your pride swells up, you become; self-sufficient - Self-reliant - self-taught - self-everything
- You will grow strong in yourself to the point where you need nothing and no one
But if you say no:
- You build a little world of your own
- You design a religion that works for you
- You prove to everybody that you don't need anybody
- You become your own God
Many people will go to their grave because of pride."